One thing I really did miss in my early vegan days was pancakes for breakfast, I was used to lathering butter all over and without it just tasted really boring. Fluffy, delicious, loved by adults and children alike. Now I make vegan pancakes for my own children and they love them.
Step by step guide
- Mix the flour, baking powder, chia seeds and sea salt together in a large bowl.
- Now add the almond milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix.
- Leave it for 10 minutes to let the ingredients blend together.
- It should be cooked on a medium heat in a little olive oil, roughly ¼ cup scoop of the mix for each pancake.
- Flip over as needed, it should take 3-5 minutes on each side of the pancake.
- Once finished you can add your toppings as you like, including banana, blueberries, walnuts, raspberries and maple syrup.
- I’ve found adding a tiny bit of raspberry jam makes each pancake just that little bit tartier. Or vegan chocolate chips. Yummy!
- The vanilla extract and cinnamon are optional, although they do add some flavour.
My husband likes vegan yoghurt with his pancakes.
- You can use gluten-free flour for those on a celiac diet.
The chia seeds really do add something to the pancakes, they’re filling and guilt-free giving you added fibre and antioxidants.
If you need added sweetness sprinkle some sugar on top to make them even better.
Pass this recipe to your friends and family and let them make their spin on these tasty pancakes.Last updated on: