I used to really love scrambled eggs on toast. It was a weekend breakfast treat for most of my life and it’s something I’ve really missed. I finally found something that filled that void. Tofu is a great source of calcium and many other vitamins, tomato is a good source of vitamin C so pairing them for a delicious breakfast makes perfect sense. That’s why I’m suggesting today a recipe for Scrambled Tofu With Mushrooms And Tomatoes.
If you don’t like mushrooms you can change them to bell peppers or double up on tomatoes. It’s an easy recipe that you can adapt to suit your family.
Step by step guide
- First things first, drain your tofu.
- Press your tofu for around 20 minutes and dry.
- In your frying pan heat the olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and heat until golden.
- Add the mushrooms (and spinach if using) to the same frying pan and heat until cooked.
- Using your hands crumble the tofu into the frying pan.
- Now add the cumin, paprika, turmeric and parsley.
- Stir and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir.
- I like to add seeded bread, the seeds give a little something to the dish.
- You can add diced bell peppers if you are wanting a more filling breakfast.
My family love scrambled tofu, it’s something I’ve recommended to most of my extended family and friends.
It’s a guilt-free alternative to scrambled eggs. You can add as many ingredients as you want and make it a filling lunchtime meal.
If you are a tofu fan, we recommend you this delicious Tso’s tofu from the Asian cuisine.Last updated on: