I, like a lot of people, love eating colorful dishes, purple is one of my favourite colors which makes this smoothie bowl one of my go-to quick and easy breakfast dishes.
It’s low in calories and carbohydrates which makes this a healthy breakfast to kick start your day.
The acai berry is from the acai palm tree which is native to central and south America. It is classed as a superfood and is full of health benefits, including being rich in fibre and antioxidants.
It’s a colorful berry but it can be bitter, I like to use banana to sweeten but you can also use mango.
Step by step guide
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add your choice of toppings.
- You can add a vegan protein powder of your choice to make this smoothie bowl a tasty protein source. I’ve done this a number of times and it works very well; it does thicken the texture of the smoothie but doesn’t take away from the great taste.
- I recommend using mango if you don’t like banana.
- You can top with cashew nuts, vegan granola, coconut, blueberries and blackberries for a more interesting flavour filled smoothie.
- Pop it in the freezer for a couple of minutes before eating for a thicker texture.
- You can also use vegan yoghurt to thicken and add a bit more substance to the smoothie.
I like this smoothie bowl a lot, I do enjoy the bitter taste but it’s not to everyone’s liking. My children like sweeter things but you can make a tasty smoothie bowl out of almost any fruit.
If you put it in the freezer it can make a great cold treat on a nice hot summers day.Last updated on: