Chia seeds are full of Omega-3 fatty acid, a great source of antioxidants, iron, protein and fibre. Spirulina has great anti-inflammatory properties, which makes this dessert health and tasty.
I enjoy making foods that look good and this dessert is beautiful. My family loves this dessert and I’ve found this a big hit in the warmer weather. A nice refreshing, cold dessert.
Step by step guide
- In a large bowl mix the Blue Spirulina powder, Chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, orange juice and milk.
- Once stirred thoroughly, leave it to sit for around 5 minutes.
- Stir again to ensure there are no lumps.
- Cover and place in the fridge, ideally you want to leave the mixture for at least 2 hours. However overnight does work best.
- Remove from the fridge, dish up and top with Vegan yoghurt.
- Place blueberries and blackberries on top.
- If the mixture is too thin you can mix in some more chia seeds and pop it back in the fridge for an additional 30 minutes.
- I like to top it with blueberries and blackberries however you can use a variety of different foods like nuts, cornflakes, coconut shavings, raspberries, or strawberries.
- I use almond milk however soymilk works well too.
- You can use any flavour vegan yoghurt or make your own, I like coconut yoghurt or vanilla yoghurt.
- I use smooth orange juice.
This Blue Chia Dessert is really refreshing, it’s perfect on a warm day. If you find some of the ingredients difficult to source, Amazon often have them.
This is the dessert that my friends ask for when they come over to eat.Last updated on: