As summer creeps up I can picture sitting in the garden, a nice glass of wine in hand and a delicious summer bell pepper salad on my lap. Bell peppers are very tasty and taste just as good cold.
Low in calories, rich in vitamins and fibre bell peppers are easy to find, they complement any meal or a great summertime lunch.
Step by step guide
- Preheat the oven to 230c / 450f
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and inner parts of the pepper.
- Place skin side up on the roasting tray with a roasting sheet.
- Roast them until the outer skin turns black, this should be around 20-25 minutes.
- Put them in a lidded bowl or pan, leave them covered.
- Once cool using your fingers remove the outer skin from the peppers and discard, cut the remaining part of the pepper into thin strips.
- Place them into a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the peppers, add a minced garlic clove, basil, capers and olives.
- Mix together.
- Finally add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you or someone in your family doesn’t like olives, you can replace them with red onions or cooked button mushrooms.
- You can use Himalayan rock salt instead of regular salt.
- Tofu also works great with this bell pepper salad.
This dish is takes around 35-40 minutes, tastes great and is affordable to make. The easiness of the dish means that even grandma can enjoy it.Last updated on: