Aubergine (eggplant) is a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals. Quinoa is a tasty gluten free fibre rich food. This is a simple dish that should only really take around 35-40 minutes to prepare and cook.
You can add other ingredients to the quinoa if you want to bulk it out, like onion or mushrooms.
Step by step guide
- Preheat the oven to 190c / 375f.
- Rinse your quinoa and cut your aubergine in half.
- Using a sharp knife make a grid like pattern in the flesh of the aubergine.
- Coat with Olive oil.
- Place on roasting tray.
- Roast until the aubergine is tender, this should take around 30 minutes.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan, stirring often and cook on medium heat until dry.
- Add the stock, boil Once the stock is boiling, place a lid over the pan.
- Cook on a low heat until the stock has gone, this should take around 20 minutes.
- Put the quinoa in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Once cool using a fork, fluff.
- Add seasoning to the quinoa.
- Place the aubergine on a plate and top with quinoa.
- Season with pine nuts and mint leaves as required.
- You can use a little bit of paprika to flavour the stock.
- I recommend pine nuts to top however you can use whatever you’d like.
- If you don’t like mint then just leave it out.
I like how simple this dish is to make, it’s a full filling meal and takes very little effort.
It doesn’t require any special equipment that you wouldn’t already have in your kitchen.
This Aubergine And Quinoa recipe also tastes great 🙂
You can also check our recipe for a delicious Vegan Carbonara.Last updated on: